Director of Product Management
HomeSpotter is focused on making the process of buying and selling homes fun and productive for real estate professionals, buyers and sellers.
Boost by HomeSpotter, HomeSpotter's digital marketing automation product, is resonating well with the industry, and is gaining significant, fast, sales traction.
HomeSpotter combines the best aspects of a startup culture with those of being an established company. HomeSpotter's employees move quickly and with great autonomy and value a fun work environment. HomeSpotter was founded in 2009, has a long list of established real estate industry partners across North America, is venture backed, well-funded, cash flow positive, and growing quickly.
We are on the hunt for a Director of Product Management who will be the driving force behind our Boost by HomeSpotter product line. We are looking for a dynamic and competent person to become the eyes and ears of our clients and translate their needs into best in class products.
The Director of Product Management will:
- Work closely with the engineering, design, sales, marketing, customer success, and implementation and customer support teams to come up with the best strategy for product features and roadmap
- Be accountable for the entire product lifecycle, right from planning through development, go-live, and retirement phases
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality and specifications of all products meet the customer and stakeholder expectations
- Be proactively testing new ideas, improving funnels and optimizing features to delight our customers in everything we do
- Possess a strong understanding and experience in launching enterprise SaaS products with a customer centric vision
- Have a passion to deep-dive into data and ability to make your decisions on the basis of the data you have - or don’t have
- Be a master at creating a win-win situation for your customers and your product by providing compatible solutions to customers’ problems
- Be managing the product roadmap, working closely with the engineering team to plan and deliver new products and features in time and on budget
- Carry out tests, customer surveys and market research to define new products and improve existing offerings
- Have responsibility and ownership to implement your ideas, and work with a great team, reporting into the CEO
The ideal candidate will plan to work onsite at HomeSpotter’s downtown Minneapolis location. Exceptionally qualified candidates, particularly those with deep residential real estate industry product or ad tech product experience, may be considered for remote or partially remote options.
- Accountable for P & L across the Boost by HomeSpotter product line
- Work closely with CEO, designers and engineers to define the product vision, roadmap, and development process
- Ensure execution of roadmap priorities
- Work closely with sales and customer success staff to plan and deliver product updates and to seek out customer feedback on existing roadmap items
- Create and maintain customer-facing product roadmap documents
- Identify product gaps and strategize how to reduce customer pain points
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage of HomeSpotter
- Develop a comprehensive product and marketing roadmap to deliver on business goals
- Take end-to-end ownership of projects and features from concept through delivery – with a developed comfort level personally owning or working with others as appropriate on prioritizing, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, specifying requirements, QA, and analysis
- Develop user stories and break down requirements into deliverable functionality
- Analyze business issues and identify solutions that meet business goals
- Analyze application/business domain data requirements and business rules, understanding the data flow from source to screen
- Recognize and predict use cases to help design intuitive applications
- Work directly with business stakeholders, clients, designers, developers and engineers to coordinate the building of applications to spec and on time
- Undergraduate degree or minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role
- 3+ years in a tech-focused product management (or similar) role
- Experience leveraging data to make product decisions, and solid understanding of data systems and structures
- “Doer” attitude, with a bias toward action and a demonstrated ability to innovate in a fast-paced environment
- Unwavering organizational skills
- Natural skills interacting with customers as well as sales
- Leadership abilities and capability to convince others
- Experience working at a startup or a small business unit
- Experience with development and launch of Enterprise products
- Effective at prioritizing, time management, and a natural self-starter
- Deep domain & industry knowledge in residential real estate
- Expertise in full funnel conversion optimization - from ad to landing page and beyond
- Deep domain & industry knowledge in ad tech
More about HomeSpotter…
HomeSpotter delivers the best mobile search experience for phones and tablets to more than 275,000 agents throughout the U.S. and Canada. HomeSpotter believes technology should make the real estate experience easier, better, and more efficient for consumers and their agents, and believes it can be done in a way that benefits the broker and MLS, too.
Founded in 2009 by Aaron Kardell, HomeSpotter's business model has evolved from a single product company developing beautiful, tailored mobile applications (under the name Mobile Realty Apps) for real estate companies to providing a complete SaaS platform that equips agents with the best tools to manage their entire sales funnel, including digital marketing automation. HomeSpotter's new product, called Boost by HomeSpotter, is resonating well with the industry, and is gaining significant, fast, sales traction.
HomeSpotter's collaborative offices are located in the Minneapolis Grain Exchange in downtown Minneapolis.